30 Nov 2013

It's really happening!

So I’ve booked my place.  I’ll be doing the Exmoor Trail Marathon on Saturday 12th April 2014. Excited? Yes…Slightly terrified? Possibly. It’s a nice little 26.9 mile course along the Exmoor coast path – which means it might be a bit bumpy – and it’s classified as extreme. I’m beginning to wonder what I’ve gotten myself into.

Training wise, the past weeks been pretty easy.  I’ve been running a few 3 milers and did one 4/5 mile, which for me is about the length of my normal easy runs so I’ve had no trouble. The main struggle really has been stopping myself from running too far – when I’m enjoying my run I have a tendency to just keep going until my legs give out or I run out of time. Which means that when I say I did a 4/5 mile run what I really mean is I did a 5 mile that was supposed to only be 4. But hey, I doubt it matters too much since in the end I’m going to be running a lot further than 5 miles – 21.9 miles further to be exact.


If you want to support me then why not donate? Here's a link to my mydonate page - https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/runningintorecovery 

1 comment:

  1. Jenenny!
    'Classified as extreme' oh dear you're going to need a lot of coffee!
    Also why can you only do 4 mile runs? Not going to deny that you're bonkers, but are you trying to build it up gradually or do you have a schedule you have to keep to?
    Enjoyed reading your blog and now I will donate accordingly to the quality of your persuasive writing ;)
    Btw you might want to put your name somewhere, I've got my fingers crossed that I'm on the right page!
    Kelda x

    ReplyDelete